Pan Theater auditions are for spots on Pan Theater’s house teams. Members of Pan’s house teams get weekly practice and performance opportunities. Teams are directed by senior Pan performers. Performers get opportunities to work with multiple directors. Directors rotate quarterly.
• You want to perform on a regular basis (up to 4 times a month)
• You were on a house team or troupe before
• You want to work with a consistent group of performers (your tribe)
• You want to grow as a performer and gain stage time
• You want to learn by doing
• You want to be part of a creative and fun artistic community
• You’ve taken classes already and are excited to do improv live on stage
• You want more fun, friends and excitement in your life
• Prior short and long form improv training equivalent to Pan Theater’s Improv 101 and 201.
• Prior performing experience preferred
• A strong desire to perform on a consistent basis
• Team player
• Humility and a willingness to learn
• Ability to consistently attend practice
• Openness to feedback
• Attend weekly troupe practice (3 out of 4 rehearsals a month).
2.5 hours per week.
• Perform a minimum of twice per month
• Provide leadership in the Pan community
• Continue to grow as an artist
Pan Theater is supported by member dues. Troupe members pay dues to support space rental,
coaching fees and related expenses. Troupe dues are $130 per month. Pan actively recruits directors and teachers from troupe members.
Audition Dates: Thursday, February 9th at 6:30pm
Advance Registration Required
Auditions are for Pan House Teams
Where: 2135 Broadway, Oakland (19th Street BART)
Note: the auditions are a fun and relaxed chance to do improv. We don’t do high stress.
If you do not get a response in 24 hours